Teresa Crane Hunt – Hillbsoro, NH
- 2 lbs. dry beans – picked over and soak overnight. In the morning, parboil beans until skins crack.
- 1 1/2 c. dark maple syrup
- 1 1/2 c. hot water
- 1/2 lb. salt pork – remove rind and cut in small pieces
- 3 tsp. salt
- 2 level tsp. dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp. ginger
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Mix all ingredients – hold maple syrup and hot water until the end.
- Mix maple syrup and hot water together then pour over all.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees all day.
- Add HOT water as needed.
- Add more salt and sweetening if needed to suit taste.